Flame Scallop location/movement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a flame scallop for about 2 weeks. Been feeding his Phyto-green directly with a turkey baster and he seems very happy. Only issue is that it's such a cool thing to look at but he seems to like being in a covered area what is not visible unless you go looking for him. Would love for him to be out in the open. I don't want to dislodge him from the rock he is on to avoid injuring him but each time I have moved the rock with him on it, he waits until the lights go out, and then finds a new place to hide. I don't want to keep moving him so I don't stress him out. Also not sure how in the world he moves so high up the rock work!! Anyone have experience with this?

49640-albums2861-picture19936.jpg

You want to be careful moving them around. They will have cords that hold them in place and if you break them then the chances are they wont survive. They dont have a good survival rate anyway but hopefully your target feeding it will make it last. I know you want to see it but one of the benefits is that they are filter feeders and will help to get rid of excessive nutrients in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom