flat worm exit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. Had a pretty nasty case of flat worms. Last weekend, we made up 25 gallons of RO water siphoned out as many as possible and then hit the tank with some flat worm exit. This was attempted after getting a six line that was less than interested.

We put 3 pounds of carbon in the sump, changed out 25 gallons, and siphoned as they died.

All went well. No ill affects to any of the tank inhabitants.

3 days later and I am starting to see a few. I couldn't find any when we finished up.

Before these things start getting out of control, can I just hit the tank with another dose? I saw like 5, buying don't have any RO water ready. Will that few cause a lot of toxins in the tank?

Anybody think it would be ok?

That reminds me. I need to do a water change. I have been killing flatworms as well. It will take a few applications, as there are eggs still in the tank. Keep going at it untill all the eggs are gone. Then one more application

I would add another dosing of the FW exit for the remaining FW's. Sometimes it takes several applications to kill them all. 5 will turn into 500 if left unchecked.

Thanks for the replies.

I was going to dose the tank again yesterday just because I want them gone, and even though I don't have any RO/salt water made up. The common sense wife talked me out of it, and we are going to make up 25 gallons of water this weekend and then dose it again correctly.

Hopefully after this dose, they are gone. If not, I am going to dose it again without the water ready.

Because of all of this dosing, I have done 75 gallons of water changes in the last 3 weeks, and I am exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom