Flatworms, and i thought i got away with it!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Flatworms, and i thought i got away with it!?!

I have seen these reproduce and spread around the tank slowly on the sand and rocks near the sand. To beging with as some are a deep red i thought they were an algae, :oops: , but after visiting a lfs and seeing some in there, i have realised what they are and have been reading up on the best way to get rid of them.

0262.jpg

I have read that you can siphon them out but does not always work, as they produce asexually so if you leave one they still come back, or you can use Myxazin, ut i am a bit wary of this. But i then read a thread about Salifert's Flatworm eXit, andit just seemed to have good reactions.

So do you think i should give it a go?

Andrew

I used the flat worm exit and had very good success w/ it. I know several other hobbyist that have had the same results. I highly reccomend it.

Make sure you read the directions and follow them. Flat worms can release a toxin into the water when they die. Carbon will pull it out (as the directions say) so make sure you follow the directions. :wink:

what i was going to do was first have a go with the siphon to get rid off all the ones i can see then dose with the 'exit' and run lots of carbon with my heavy skimming, and follow the directions.

After you siphon the rock I would blast it w/ a power head. Then you can take a brine net and net them out.

Back
Top Bottom