Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by seaham358
If your worried about pods then DO NOT use the FW exit, it will kill off all the worms and pods in your tank.
Good luck..
Wait a minute, I thought eXit did NOT kill pods. I thought the whole point was that it kills nothing but the worms? I hate to drive this thread into the ground, but does anyone know if that's the case? With a mandarin, I can't afford to kill pods.

- Skins

210 gallon aggressive tank in process.
SkinnyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I treated my tank just recently and I still have pods. I treated it like 3 or 4 times in about a week. I wanted to make sure they were gone. I still see one or two occationally on my candy cane coral but I just suck them up with a turkey baster. However I did notice a decrease in my pod population. I do have a leopard wrasse though. He could have just been chowing down on my pods too. I didn't really notice how the population was before I did the eXit. I just remember from before I put my wrasse in. Is it possible that it kills some of them? Sure, but from my recent experience, it doesnt kill them all. HTH

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
velvet nudibranch eats these things - and ONLY these things, so if you don't have them, you can't keep one. They also only live for about six months best case, so I would go this route before I put poison in my tank, but that is just me.

I have been looking for one of these for a few months- it seems you can find them mail order but not arround here in my LFS. I have the SAME things in my nano and they are a pain in the A%^. It seems I can't ever get all of them out of there no matter how many times I siphon and pull live rock chunks out and rinse.

Also, mandrins and six line wrasse will eat them, but not ALL the time, it is a hit-or-miss thing I have been told. velvet nudibranch are the only thing out there that will ONLY eat them and leave your tank alone.

Good luck

abnmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com