Flipped Star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a green star polyp which daily has been being flipped. At first thought I would think it was my wrasse but then my new powerheads came into mind. On saturday I added a Aquaclear 70 (400gph) and a rio 180 (120gph) and this was the first time my polyps flipped. Who do you think is the culprit. Thanks!

Well, if it happened right after the addition of another ph, I would think it is the culprit. A little superglue gel on the bottom of those star polyps may help. ;)

Just wanted to bump it because this continues to happen daily, and I'm tired of taking off my lights and flipping it back over. Sorry

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. The superglue gel with cyanoacrylate in it is what's suggested for use with corals.
Your turbos could be moving the coral but I'm not sure they would do it every day. And gluing them will fix the problem either way.

Thanks! Should I put the glue on in the tank or rip the coral off the liverock because it has attached itself slightly?

Can the rock be removed? I didn't realize it had already started to attach.
If that's the case, maybe using a toothpic would be a better alternative to hold it in place.

Removing the rock would be best. Then blot dry under the coral as well as the underside of the coral before adding the glue. Put a few drops of glue, set your coral and replace the rock. HTH

Back
Top Bottom