Fliter & Bubble Tip Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaceyF08

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had a BTA in my 55gal doing great when it suddenly disappeared. Not seeing it for a few days I starting to worry it might be dead and contaminating the water. Moved around rock work to find it and it was nowhere in the tank. At this point i figured it fell apart and already did the worse so i decided to do a water change and clean out the filters. Long and behold it had been sucked up by the filter! I Noticed what was in the filter looked like mini BTA attached to live rock rubble. I put them back into the tank to watch them closely for now.
Did the anenome get ripped up by the filter and regenerate the pieces to make smaller anenomes? Will they survive?
The type of filter i use is hang on the back Aquaclear. Any suggestions how to prevent this from happening again?
Thanks & hope I posted this right, it's my first one ;)

More than likely it just split. The anenome moving and splitting is not a good thing. What type light do you have and is your tank at least a yr old?

Yes the tank is well over a year old. The lighting I think is a coral life T12. So your saying the anenome might have split? I thought it should have been dead after being ripped up going threw the filter. But instead i found a bunch about the size of a dime or smaller inside with the media and Live rock rubble. I only kept a few and placed them back inside the tank not sure what will happen, is this bad? Will they grow/ come back? They have been opening and closing like a normal anenome would. I'm just confused as to what happened. Also what should i do to fix it so this doesn't happen again, I heard something about nylon? Thanks so much for your help been in the hobby almost 4 years and this just has me puzzled lol

Back
Top Bottom