Florida Pink Tip Condy (Anenome)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently purchased a Florida Pink Tip and it has been doing well so far. What I want to know is how often and what do you guys feed yours? I have fed mine one time and fed it a peice of krill..Really seemed to like it. It has been 3 days so I decided to try it again. (the first time I fed it, the peice of krill was whole and fairly good size). Didnt seem to want it tonight.
I just want to know what the consensus is on the above as some people feed theirs daily up to every third day.
Thanks

They need some intense lighting if you want them to live long. Other than that daily feedings are fine. If you dont have 5 watts/gallon heavy feeding a must IMO.

Smaller pieces of food are better. If the pieces are too large they might take them in, but at night will "spit" them out again.

Whats weird is he doesnt like the FO that I have. I move him to on top of a rock at the highest point in the tank and then come back to find he is under the rocks and out of the light. I have moved him a couple of times and have given up. So if they need intense lighting, this one seems to not want it.
Ok on the feeding. I will feed him more smaller peices.
Also if they die, how do you know?

There's no need to move him at all, it will just stress him more.. once he acclimates himself he'll find a suitable spot.

Atari
yes I have definately come to realize this. It seems he wants no help from me for sure!! Doing his own thing. I got up this morning and couldnt find him. Finally saw him in between 2 big peices of LR hid from the light and view...crazy thing!!

Whats weird is he doesnt like the FO that I have.

What do you mean by FO? If you just have a stock light then hes not getting the light he needs. Even if hes right under a NO flourescent assuming its a low wattage, he will move in search of some brighter light. They don't think like us, so hes not going to look around and realise that thats the best hes gonna get. In the wild they move, and allow currents to move them to more desirable areas. They also grow in fairly shallow water and it's obviously very bright. Even in brighty lit tanks they move, and they can be sustained for quite some time even in low light. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Well I got him knowing I didnt have enough light but the tank he was in had even less light. Im going to upgrade my lights soon to VHO. Right now I have around 100 watts of light in a 125. And yes I know its not enough. Going to upgrade soon. Also Im in the process of setting up another 100 gallon which i will move him to once the tank is established for 6-12 months. It has VHO lighting as well. The LFS I bought him from is in a very small town and there is hardly any SW guys there so he would have set in the tank and died more than likely. I think the FS got him by accident...just fyi

Back
Top Bottom