Flourescent tube sleeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
Does anyone or did anyone ever try using clear sleeves on their fluorescent tubes? Two of my bulbs are near the back of my tank and get pretty wet overnite and occassionally don't start when the timer kicks on. The return line kicks up quite a bit of turbulence the bulbs closest to it get quit wet. I have waterproof endcaps on them, but the bulbs themself are actually are dripping wet in the AM. Once the mh's come on they dry up and fire up, but I was wondering if those clear sleeves would work.

They work. But if the bulbs are dripping wet in the morning, you've got another problem. Better find a way to keep the water from splashing up, condensing, whatever. Might think about raising it a little higher.

The bulbs have been in the same spot the last 15 years and I never had any problems. My return pump went bad and I replaced it with a bigger pump so I have more turbulence now. I tried the sleeves and so far so good. I don't feel like tearing my canopy apart just to move the bulbs up a few inches.

hey cccapt I am guessing you are in the Philly area also, small world out here on the www. Where is a good lfs in the area? I have tried Zoos and they seem pretty good compared to most... BTW, GO FLYERS!!

take care

hey srgetz, I live in the Wilkes-Barre Scranton area, about 100 miles north of Philly. The AHL Philly Phantoms are playing the W-B Pens in the playoffs now and the Pens arena is about 10 mins from my house. Tuff call for me on that one, I'm a long time Flyers fan but the AHL Pens are my local home team. The Flyers better get it together, they looked like crap yesterday in Tampa.

There are no good lfs near me, at least none with coral. There used to be a really nice place in Stroudsburg but they closed up about a year or so ago. When I am looking for coral I usually take a ride down to Lancaster to That Fish Place. It's about a 2 hr ride for me but they have a pretty nice selection of coral and fish.

Back
Top Bottom