Flow in 40 breeder...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can't figure this out in my tank. I HAD 2 Koralia EVO 1400's on a wave maker switching, running 1 at a time. I couldn't find any sweet spots for them, and was getting corners of the tank getting blown all over the place. Now I am just running 1, and it's not producing a random enough effect, as it seems. I am considering an MP10, but also considering just running 2 smaller power heads simultaneously. Question is, or questions are, is 1 MP10 worth the money, and 2, if I ran 2 smaller heads, would the Koralia EVO 1050's be too much, or should I drop to the 750's...?

I'd go with the 750's they will give you 37.5x flow vs. volume place then on the back wall on the outside edges aimed at the front center pane the flows will crash and result in nice random flows You could even try one 750 with the 1400

I'd go with the 750's they will give you 37.5x flow vs. volume place then on the back wall on the outside edges aimed at the front center pane the flows will crash and result in nice random flows You could even try one 750 with the 1400

That's what I'm thinking too... Dunno if I wanna splurge for the Mp10. I think I'll get a more random flow than 1 strong one blasting away from 1 side.

BUT I do have a large amount of live rock... Think the 1050's would still be overkill?

image-813363929.jpg

Yes i do think 1050's will still cause a sand storm I had about 65lbs of rock in my 40b ran two 750's You may want to look into the wp25 with a single 750 that will give you a nice wave action with added flow from the 750 If i set my 40 back up that's what i'm going with. Right i have an 8ft 180 with a wp40 on one end and a hydor mag8 on the other and have zero dead spots.

Back
Top Bottom