Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
flower pot coral

how can you tell if a flower pot coral is dead or not? i have on and the polyp things just gradually come off in groups. i had the red cyno stuff in my aquarium and thats when i started to notice the flower pot was losing its polyp things. could that cyno bacteria have caused it. will it ever come back out? and should i get it out of the aquarium? i think its dead.

btaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
When its dead all that will be left is the skeliton. Flowerpots are historcly very poor performing corals when it comes to keeping them in an aquarium.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to nutrak
flower pot survival

i had the same problem with my flower pot years ago. it died in the same manner you mentioned. since then, i've switched to target feeding it live phytoplankton (something i was not doing before) and more frequent water changes. i've had one for two years now. he hasnt grown, but he hasnt died, and his tentacles still come out every day.
nutrak is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com