Flower pot coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noturaveragereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a new flower pot (green) coral yesterday from liveaquaria...it's not fully extending anymore...any suggestions? Changing the placement? Too soon?

If the coral is goniopora, keep in mind this is not a hardy species. Each polyp must be fed every few days.

I have to agree they are not the hardiest of corals. I would leave it where it is for a few days as it acclimates to the tank. If it still is bad then move it higher up in the tank. What kind of lighting do you have?

I have to agree they are not the hardiest of corals. I would leave it where it is for a few days as it acclimates to the tank. If it still is bad then move it higher up in the tank. What kind of lighting do you have?

I have T5 HO, I'm just unsure of their behavior. It seems pretty happy at night. It's at the bottom and has moderate flow. All parameters are great...fingers crossed.

I have goniopora and it's in the corner of my tank. They love moderate flow and not so much light. They close at night when not feeding or touched by fish. You might have too much light since they open up at night to feed. They are feeder filter.

I have mine for 4 months. They look really nice when they open up. You feel like under the deep ocean when they start waving their tentacles.

I know! I got a little of that then I think my fox face scared it a bit. I'm looking at a small hammer for my next purchase

When your foxface is hungry it will nip on corals. Most likely that's the reason why your flower pot is close during the day and only opens up at night to feed when all fish are asleep.

When your foxface is hungry it will nip on corals. Most likely that's the reason why your flower pot is close during the day and only opens up at night to feed when all fish are asleep.

My foxface will eat all day if I let him. I think he will be going back to the lfs. He is knocking my frags over.

Back
Top Bottom