Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Still gotta buy lr and ls.. hmm probably no larger than 200 for lights if possible. If not itll cut into my coral fund. Total budget around 600-700 dollars

I am also using distilled water due to no ro di units near me

Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You should be fine. lemme do some net pricing and I'll post some links for you.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
You should be fine. lemme do some net pricing and I'll post some links for you.
Ok thanks! You are the best!!!! distilled is good?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

This is pretty much top of the line

Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures

You could prob grow calms in there with that light LOL

But then theres these

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures

Good lights can grow most anything you want basically
Has lunar lights and a built in timer

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Now these lights owuld let you grow all the easy stuff and they are attachable so you can add one on at a later date

Just some examples.. Hope it helps
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How did you find that so fast...?

I really like the second one cause of the lunar leds. They come on at night? Can all lights be turned off as well?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, those are moonlights. I dont really ahve them on any of my tanks but the cube and its ones arent good at all. lol But I always wanted them but my fixtures dont ever have them. I have the 12 bulb nova extreme pro and its top of the line, but no darn moonlights hehe
LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Theres a timer built in too I believe. You can have them all on, just the blues,just the whites or just the moonlights.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The timer is going to be so convenient! So this will do well for most of the easier/medium corals? What light level is that, high/medium/low? I only know basic lights for my planted tank.

You should buy an led strip! Thats what the reiew for the first one said lol
Old 09-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Led's are kinda cool but they vary soo much in price, quality and so many other factors i wouldnt jump in on them just yet. Liek the marineland reef ready light. Its a nice color and looks awesome isnt too mcuh money but it's not a good example of leds. :-(

The lights that I linked are quad and double T5 fixtures. So 2 whites bulbs 2 actinic (blue) bulbs and themoonlights
Old 09-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is it impossbile to grow coral with just leds?

That is most likely the one I am going to buy. It will be worth it right? Lol I hope the corals I get will be happy!

Tags
fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com