Fluval 105 or 205

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most corals do not need to be fed, some people feed them anyway. They get their energy and food source from the actual light and from the water column.

Most corals do not need to be fed, some people feed them anyway. They get their energy and food source from the actual light and from the water column.

Woah really? This tank would be mainly water changes? Do I have to supplement with trace minerals instead?

Nope. Most of the trace elements are supplied by the water changes. You couldnt possibly put every element in separately and be able to replicate the ones found in salt mix. Plus it's advised not to dose anything you arent testing for. I mean how else would you know how much to dose if you werent testing? :)

Lol true. So this is a very self sustaining tank then? Lights, water changes, no feeding (yes!!!). Lol Am I missing the catch? :brows:

You do have to test the water, and there are those water changes. You can feed some of your corals if you like, can help. It's pretty easy. Stting up and researching are gonna be the biggest concerns. You cant just buy any coral and throw it in, gotta know where it goes for light and flow. If its' aggressive or not. Still work to be done. :)

Back
Top Bottom