Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

In my opinion thats a great choice. The lights really do make the tank and you want something reasonable. That's probably the biggest expense you'll come across.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
In my opinion thats a great choice. The lights really do make the tank and you want something reasonable. That's probably the biggest expense you'll come across.
Lol reasonable ha I am expecting a lot! cost 25 times my tank! You will definately hear from me again when more definate coral choices come along!

Is there a small clam I could sneak in the tank? One that doesnt get 16" long?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I bet you could get one of the deresa clams with that light in that tank. I wouldnt try maxima clams though. But yep, you could get most corals that you'd want and see good growth too.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok I will definately keep that in mind! thanks so much for your help carey!!!!!
Now to research my corals without breaking budget..
Old 09-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You can do it. In that size tank you don't need monster corals, a nice rock with mushrooms would be cool, some candycanes, I love those and flowy coral like torches hammers and frogspawns.

Check out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums for some ideas.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:53 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Should I buy them as frags or as full pieces? How do you attach them to the lr?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i just sit the little plugs on the rock since i like to move my stuff all the time. but you can glue them if you want. You can buy larger corals as well, it's up to you.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Do the larger corals grow larger? Frags take time to grow into larger corals I am assuming. Sorry about all these amatuer questions!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It;s fine, it's what the forum is for. You'll find that out sooner than later.

some corals like zooa's grow can take over a the plug they are on and then onto the rock tanking that over in just a few months. I have amny corals that I had as frags that have grown ALOT. Duncan corals grow pretty quick for me, mushrooms spread alot, Frogspawns split and multiply pretty good too, all from a tiny $10 frag sometimes.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That may be the best way to go for me then since I am very not smart when it comes to the sw aspect.

How do you feed them? I read something about zooplankton and they are carnivores?

I am so glad you are patient with me! I know its probably annoying!

Tags
fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com