Fluval 4+ = HUGE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
After running my Fluval 4 for over a week, I want to possibly downgrade to two smaller internal filters. That thing is HUGGGGGEEEEE!

What are your views regarding internal filters? *tank specs below* I'm looking at getting two Fluval 2's. Would that be okay or should I just keep that one hunk of plastic? Also are there any other brands of internal filters you guys would recommend over the Fluval? Thanks in advance.

well you really do not need it. you have a lot of rock in the tank. i would onyl use it to keep water flow but that can be done with mj ph. i think you could toss the thing. you have 70 lbs of rock that is almosy 1.5 lb per gal that sould be good on the filter.

I'm more worried about clean, crystal clear water. Whenever I clean my filter sponge the water that i use after the cleaning is a deep green/brown color. And after all of that settles, the bottom of the bucket is filled with green/brown particles and algae. Maybe I will get a smaller Fluval just to help with the particle removal and just clean them more often. Thanks for the reply WarOrks!

why not just get some hob filter or a not in tank fluval? If you have a lot of rock work you can hide the hob pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom