Fluval 404 rattling noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I did a media change on my Fluval 404 and can't get rid of the rattling noise it's been making since. I disconnected and reconnected it a couple of times, thinking it's some air pockets in the system. I can't tell if its a mechanical problem, like the impeller linkage, or just air pockets...and how to fix it. It was working fine until this recent change, and its only a year old.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

If it's sealed tight, you can turn it on it's side for a minute or so and try to purge the air, Iif that doesn't work, I would look at the impeller and see if something is in the impeller housing, or it's broken.

Thanks. Any other tricks in terms of air pockets?...like moving the water release valve fast versus slow?..or having the outflow tube that's in the tank be above water when starting?..or is all that just to be sure it's primed, instead of having any effect on air pockets?

Impeller looks OK...only variable is how the pieces connect...seems like only one way, but would appreciate any tips about any subtleties with that...I don't think anything is broken.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I can't help with specifics, usually a rattle means a busted impeller, though, so I made some generalized statements ;)

Back
Top Bottom