Fluval Filters/ f250god

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
A while ago f250god had done a review on the new Fluval 404 cannister filter. The filter would not run again after servicing it. We had just purchased the same filter just prior to this review and we hoped we would not have the same problem. We did, but after some tinkering with the filter my son found the cannister had to be empty of water to restart the system. Now when servicing the filter we just put it back empty of water and start the unit with the pump handle and it fills with no problem and runs just fine. f250god I hope you found this out if not give it a try it might just be the problem.

Thats great to hear EMS. Could you write yoru own review with your experences aswell.

that is odd, I own two 404's and 2 304's...I always fill the cannister to cut down
on priming time and have never had that problem.

Are these the old style or the new cannisters. My old 303 I restart with water in it, My sons new style 404 wouldn't restart with the water in the cannister.

Back
Top Bottom