Fluval or Marineland??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about ditching my sump. It's really small. Only holds about 3 gallons of water. I'm constantly messing with it, it's loud and it never stays at the right level ( pulling too little water out of DT)

Anyway. I've been looking at the Fluval 406 or the Marineland C 360, for my 40 gallon tank that has softies in it.

Which do you think is better? Also does anyone use those knock off things like jebao? Are they a waste of money?

When I upgrade to a bigger tank ( when I upgrade to a bigger house ) I want to go the sump/ref route. But for now I think the canister will be better.

Any thoughts??

What size tank are you looking to upgrade too? If it between a 55 - 75gal the fluval 406 is a good choice. Larger and your starting to go into FX-5 territory.

If you mean knock off canisters ... I'll honestly say stay away. A quality filter is something you don't want to skimp on.

Hello

i have the Marineland C 360 foe my 90 Gallon tank it is goo for up to 100 Gallon iam very happy whit this filter easy install step by step over cd.360 gallon of water flow thrue per hour.easy clean no water dammage because of easy check valve.i give it A++++++++

lg MadMax2235

If your planning to upgrade to a bigger tank with sump/fuge combo, I would recommend the Marineland C-360. It is designed for a full filtration with no bypass. With this, you can still use it as a "Reactor" with 3 trays abailable for whatever media you want to use to match up with your sump/fuge in the future. I have 2 C-360 at the moment with plan on setting up a sump/ fuge by early next year.

They are relatively close in price. I'm trying to figure out which holds more water. I had the marineland 350 before in my freshwater day and liked that. I just want to be happy with my choice after shelling out some bucks!! ;)

Stay away from marineland. They are a pain to clean and assemble. I bought Fluval 305 for my 29 gallon SW reef tank and Fluval FX 5 for my 140 gallon fresh water tank. They are so quiet. You actually have to feel the hose to see if it is running. Lol. They do extremely well for the tanks. They are also easy easy to clean. Takes half the time.

dlsrks said:
Stay away from marineland. They are a pain to clean and assemble..
I've never had that problem with any of the numerous products of theirs that I use. Can you quote an example? They can't be harder to clean than anything else

i have 2 marineland 350s with bio wheels in a 75 gal fw love them 1 has uv 1 has inline heater imo there not very hard to install or clean takes about 15 minutes from the time i turn it off to when i restart it

Then y'all must either lucky or I have a defective one cause it's a 350 and harder than hell to get the lid back on. No wonder my LFS gave it to me when they closed down. Love the Fluvals though.

I think I'm leaning towards the marineland I'm a little bit familiar with them.

lbannie said:
I think I'm leaning towards the marineland I'm a little bit familiar with them.

Go for the C-360. They're 100% filtration with no bypass and can be used as a reactor when you already have a sump. You may want to change the Activated Carbon with either Chemi Pure Elite or GFO while doing your initial set up.

Well I got the marineland 360!! So far I love it!! Pretty easy to set up. I did a water change when I hooked it up and this morning I can't believe my tank!! CRYSTAL CLEAR!!! Everything I scraped and blew off in the tank is gone. There are NO micro bubbles ( which I had with my sump ) The unit is super silent too! Really happy so far :)

I've never had that problem with any of the numerous products of theirs that I use. Can you quote an example? They can't be harder to clean than anything else

I have a Marineland 530 canister on my 150 and it runs GREAT.

Very easy to clean.

Back
Top Bottom