Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Flying Fish Express or Marine Depot Live

Ok, I know there are some out there that have ordered from one or both of these, both are close by, Marine Depot is real close by but you can't come and pick up your order it has to be delivered. My question is, has anyone bought corals from them, if so were you satisfied?

I'd like to stay in the same state when I buy corals, not thrilled about them being put through all the travel, I have read that I think it was FishFreek was happy with Flying Fish Express and his pics looked great, but I'm curious if anyone has bought from Marine Depot.

We are planning on buying probably two corals within the next couple weeks and would like to get the advice from all those that have been so helpful to us with our tank.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Old 02-09-2003, 08:43 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I bought seahorses from marinedepotlive. They were in the box less than 21 hours and I live far away. My order from Liveaquaria was the same way. That is not a long time to be in the bag. I would order from whoever has the best reputation for nice corals....wherever they are.

Old 02-09-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Anemoneman Send a message via Yahoo to Anemoneman
I have ordered dry goods from marinedepot. Very happy with the price and service. Haven't ordered form FFE but have heard good things. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from either.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks, I think we may go with one of them and get a Frogspawn, but are seriously looking at getting some mushrooms and Zoos from the Logical Reef when he comes back, found a website from a local that has a 7 gallon Nano, really like the way he did his tank with the Zoos and mushrooms, that may be the way we will go. Here's the website if you are interested in seeing his site :http://www.oc-creative.com/reef/index.asp I guess he's ordered from Logical Reef also and judging by his tank they are beautiful corals. Thanks for your replies!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I ordered my live rock from Flying Fish Express and am very happy with it.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:39 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have dealt with both companies both very good, prices are fair. shipping and care of the fish and corals are excellent.

If I would have to say which is better for corals I would go with FF Express as there small corals are ussally larger and cheaper then I can get anywhere else.

75 gal. Reef & 30 gal. Anemone Tanks.

I get paid for what I may have to do, Not for what I do!
EMS503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fly, live, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com