fo tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youpey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently I have a fish only tank, but I want to get some inverts. This means i will have to get some live rock. If I get cured live rock, will it add ammonia or will i be ok. I know adding non-cured live rock will cause my ammonia to spike, which would be bad. also if i get live rock do i need a protein skimmer. I have spent a boat load already and don't really want to spend tons more. i will only want 2 small pieces of live rock because i only have a 30g

If you get cured rock then yes you can addit ito the tank with out much fear of it adding ammonia. do not buy cured rock online as this will not be cured by the time you get it. If you get yoru rock online then you will need to cure it in a seperate container until you no longer have positive tests for ammonia and nitrite.

will i need to get a protein skimmer. I have an eclipse lid, so i dont think it will fit on the back

you dont need a skimmer but they can be of great help. I doubt one will fit on the back either as those lids seem to fit fairly tight on all sides.

you probably don't necessarily need the protein skimmer with the live rock in that small of a tank. It'd be nice but you don't necessarily need a protein skimmer on any tank, but its a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom