Foamy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, the DSB had now replaced the CC substrate, and the tank is still a nice milky white in color. It isn't as foamy, but there is still a fairly thick level of foam around the edges of the tank. It's relatively disgusting.

It's been nearly 3 days since I added the sand, and I haven't seen signifigant improvement. Should I do a water change? I haven't yet because I had hoped to see it clear up soon.

Yeah mine stayted foamy for a few days when I added my sand in. An overflow got it out of the main tank and simply moved it to the sump. After that, it took several days to get rid of it.

You could always do a water change. It wouldn't hurt anything and should help to clear it a little faster.

When we first set up the tank, and put in the DSB, it stayed cloudy for about a week (sorry for the discouraging news!). On the last day of the week, it turned instantly *crystal* clear. Strange.

Though some ppl will recommend filter floss, etc., the "silt" you are seeing in the water is an important part of the DSB composition, and you want to try not to remove it. I dont think a water change would hurt, as long as you are not removing all of the fine particles.

If you can add any *live* sand (or rock), this will help a lot to 'settle' the cloudiness.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom