food??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Whats up, I was wondering how much everyone feeds their fish. I have been feeding my fish twice a day and give them enough that it will be gone in three minutes. Just curious if that is too much? Thanks!

Sounds OK to me. (y) Maybe even a third one in there before bedtime.

My feeding "schedule" is pretty sporadic but it's usually this:.. once in morning, once when I come home, and a midnight snack (for me and the fish both)

Smaller amounts, more often, reduce the amount of "fish - missed" food that settles down into your substrate, of course.... :)

For example: three small flakes every ten minutes for 8 hours...

hehe

Yeah, I usually feed when I get up, (they eat with me and the puppy), and when I get home at night. And I feed something different both times. My cardinals don't like flake, so they get mysis later. My Tang likes Spirulina, so she gets that. That way, I make sure everyone gets some of what they want during the day.

:hat:

I especially agree with that Macatua... a varied diet is important

I usually swap between frozen mysis, cyclopeeze, flake, worms etc just sort of on a random basis.

Drop a nice turkey casserole in there around thanksgiving, etc.

KIDDING.... kidding about the casserole....

I already got in a little trouble on another post when I joked about adding tums and a glass of milk to adjust calcium levels :drain:

I feed once a day and vary between frozen mysis, fromula two flake, and tetra flake food (is there something wrong with tetra foods? I have seen people talking bad about it...just wondering whats up with it)

I think after the nemo fiasco, people simply talk bad about tetra. Tetra foods are probably not the worst...but they aren't even close to being the best either. FWIW, when I think tetra, I think FW.

What happened with nemo and tetra food? Im sure people all of a sudden went out and bought little nemos....but i don;t get the correlation with tetra? What are some good brands? I would gladly switch to a better brand? :D

two11devan said:
What are some good brands? I would gladly switch to a better brand? :D
For dried foods, the brands I use are HBH, OSI and Ocean Nutrition. I just picked up a small amount of cyclop-eeze so the jury is still out on that one...

Cheers
Steve

I also feed small amounts a few times per day. Frozen mysis & pellets in the a.m.
mysis, cyclopezee, blender mush and frozen baby brine & pellets in early evening. Mysis again for mid night snack.
I started to feed like this because my Longnose Butterfly was picking my snails off the glass and killing them. He has calmed down since I started with all the mysis.
I did learn add more mysis save the snails...lol
I have never fed flake food yet. I feed pellets for my kole tang.

Have a great day!
Kaye

What happened with nemo and tetra food?

Tetra the company did a spot on a morning show and they showed the entire country on live tv how easy it was to do a 'nemo' tank. They used either a 7 gal or 15 gal bowfront tank and basicly did all the wrong things and only commented very brefily that these where saltwater fish. They got alot of flack from the hobbiest community.

i wanted to add a question to this thread and add my 2 cents, i feed once a day usally maby twice a day two times a week. i rotaete beyween bloodworms, nori, forzen nori prep, flake, and pellet. i fees just enough to let the fish eat and a little extra settle on the bottom for my conch and my mandarin who suprisinly can be a pig.

On the side__ what do you guys think of hikari foods for salt

Back
Top Bottom