Food 4 Thought....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moejoephd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody I just thought that i would share some info about feed your fish real quick. I have been using Sallys Emerald Sea Cusine or something like that for a while know and all my fish seem to love it so much that its all i fed for a while. Usally when i fed I would fill the dropper about half way with food and stick it in the water so all the fish would come up and pretty much eat it out off the dropper. About 2 days ago i notice that my blenny was really skinny and looked like he hadnt eaten a meal in along time so I would feed more food for him to get some too. He never seemed to get anything. I realized that my other fish 6 green chromis, a good sized tang, and the rest would all gather around the dropper so agreasivly that he would become scared and stay at the bottom and not get any food, then all the sudden with a stroke of genius i squirted the food into the path of the power head dispursing the food in the tank and tada he now has a chance to eat while all the other fish are swimming around trying to get there food aswell. Now this may pollute the tank more as apposed to not squirting it in the power head but i was really worried about my blenny. That may be somthing you can try if you have a shy fish. I said real quick but there you are lol

good idea !!
although my fish are FW, and I hand feed them,
I just fatten them up, till they can't fit any more in there mouths, and go hide so they can digest it in peace, then i feed the other little weeners :eek:P

lol wow my never seem 2 get full at all they always have more room, and if they dont, they expel some waste and instant room lol.

I know this is outta context but we had some romanian friends visit us here in the states from perth, small world huh? btw im romanian 2

small world indeed....
they said last night on the news that perth is one of the most dangerous cities in Aus..
I say, they're not looking hard enough..
eeediots

I do the same thing, there are too many fish in my tank and my clown and Naso are pigs, they will gobble it all up if I don't :wink:

Hmm. For my fish the only fish I'll spot feed is my Barnacle Blenny. That guy's just so shy (and with his size you could hardly blame him). For everyone else I just put the food in the water column and let them have at it. I try to spread it across the tank pretty well so that there's plenty of room for them to all feed.

When I had my firefish before it jumped recently I would just feed the whole tank which only included 2 percs, and a randall goby. Now that the firefish(swims out in the open a lot) is gone the randall goby is scared to come out into plain view so I have to drop some pellets into his cave.

Back
Top Bottom