Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2004, 12:05 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

yea the mussels/clams ya buy at ya local grocery store !! i crack them open and drop them right into the tank till nothings left !! every fish i own gets some there 59 cent per clam so a great meal for cheap !! funny watching my 12" puffer bite right thru the clam shells !! good for his teeth !!
my four spot butterfly that i was told to buy a lotto ticket due to getting him to eat loves them and get upset if anyfish is trying to get some !! spines all out pointing at anything in his way spinning in circles upside down every which way to keep is room mates from eating !! way to funny to watch !! ya can see in the few pics i posted them eating out of the clam shell !!

Old 02-15-2004, 07:18 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

It eats!!! it eats!!! it eats frozen mussels and frozen mysis shrimp, but would they contact head line erosion disease? Because they did'nt eat any vege items, what should I do to prevent this disease?

Old 02-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

add nori to the tank i cant see why it wouldnt stop buy from time to time and pick at it !! mabe just a though but wonder if ya dont own a tang that would pick at the nori all the time that the coral beauty might not show an intrest but if a tang was involved or like a bi-colored blenny picking at it would strike an intrest on the beauty part !! just a thought !!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:35 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

My SF Tang and Foxface are the nori aggressors. The bi-color blenny gets some scraps as does the flasher wrasse. My coral beauty occasionally will grab a piece that was torn off and is floating by but it's not aggressive enough to get in there and grab some unless no other fish is around the clip. I'm pretty sure he's getting enough veggies from the flake food.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, coral beauty, food

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com