food for coral beauty?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotSauce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what do you guys feed your coral beauty? i only feed formula 2 and spirulina flakes and need more alternatives or options....thanks :)

I no longer have a coral beauty but mine used to eat frozen brineshrimp, cyclop-eeze, bloodworms and pick at the live rock all day long.

I feed mine homemade blender mush, various name brand pellets (i.e. Marineland, Kent, Formula 2, etc...), and occasional flakes.

i do have nori in a clip but my coral beauty and my lawnmower blenny just ignore it...any suggestions to make them eat the nori??

I have had problems too with feeding Nori in the past to my Coral Beauty. Just didn't care for it at all. I simply think, though, that it requires the fish to get used to it just like other foods. I think I will take FF's advice again and give it another try.

Why every angel I bought don't like to eat what I feed them, I got a bi-colour which died of hunger, and now this coral beauty, I just bought it today, it don't seeems to eat what I fed. I only tried blood worms and flakes now, but during at the LFS, I do request the owner to feed them before I buy, they do eat aggressively, the owner feed them live brine shrimp. But i don't want him to just eat the live brine shrimp, its troublesome for me to get them and its not nutrition enough. So what should I do now? Really have to feed live brine?

mine loves raw shrimp and clam/mussels on the shell and picks at nori as well !! also goes for the sweatwater zooplakton and mysis !! how long have you had him ?? might need some time when i got mine he hide for a week :)

yea the mussels/clams ya buy at ya local grocery store !! i crack them open and drop them right into the tank till nothings left !! every fish i own gets some there 59 cent per clam so a great meal for cheap !! funny watching my 12" puffer bite right thru the clam shells !! good for his teeth !!
my four spot butterfly that i was told to buy a lotto ticket due to getting him to eat loves them and get upset if anyfish is trying to get some !! spines all out pointing at anything in his way spinning in circles upside down every which way to keep is room mates from eating !! way to funny to watch !! ya can see in the few pics i posted them eating out of the clam shell !!

It eats!!! it eats!!! it eats frozen mussels and frozen mysis shrimp, but would they contact head line erosion disease? Because they did'nt eat any vege items, what should I do to prevent this disease?

add nori to the tank i cant see why it wouldnt stop buy from time to time and pick at it !! mabe just a though but wonder if ya dont own a tang that would pick at the nori all the time that the coral beauty might not show an intrest but if a tang was involved or like a bi-colored blenny picking at it would strike an intrest on the beauty part !! just a thought !!

My SF Tang and Foxface are the nori aggressors. The bi-color blenny gets some scraps as does the flasher wrasse. My coral beauty occasionally will grab a piece that was torn off and is floating by but it's not aggressive enough to get in there and grab some unless no other fish is around the clip. I'm pretty sure he's getting enough veggies from the flake food.

Back
Top Bottom