Food for O. Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi All. My tank is done cycling and I have 2 fish, small green chromis and tank raised o.clown.

When we got the clown, we asked what foods were they feeding so we could purchase some. They said flakes, but didn't know which brand as they were in a large plain container.

The store carried a lot of "Omega One" flakes so I bought a container of Marine flakes with garlic. He picks at them but not gobbling them up like most people mention their clowns doing... but does eat some.

Then I went back and asked about a forzen, they said the frozen Formula Cubed Marine Prime Reef is great so I bought it, and he goes nuts with this but it has a lot of larger pieces in it that he spits in and out like they are too big.

What should I buy next?

My clowns love Freeze Dried krill and tubifex worms. I alternate feeding them that and frozen brine, squid, and this stuff called Marine Cuisine, that has all kinds of goodies in it. And OSI Marine Flakes alternating.

I like to use salifert and marine gro pellet foods. They don't foul up the water like flake and frozen can. I think varied diets are important but there are always tradeoffs in different types of foods.

Back
Top Bottom