Food Noobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CeeBoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

So we just got our very first fish- and my partner tried feeding him this morning without forcing the food pelets to sink into the water for the fish to see/eat them. He also put too much food. As a result- about 12 little food bits (a pinch) probably floated their way into the back of the tank to get tangled up into the filtration system where poor little yellow tail damsel couldn't get to them. I gave him a quick pellet before I left and watched him eat it just so I knew he wasn't starving to death - but I'm wondering if this is going to immediately drop the water quality or if I should worry about it much.

We just got this little guy yesterday and he's our first salt-water fish, so I just want to make sure I know the gravity of this small mistake and how to fix it if it's a big deal

Thanks,

Nooby McNooberson

if your tank is cycled then a few bits of food shouldnt cause any spikes. :)

Some people feed their fish every other day or a couple times a week so don't worry, the fish won't starve.

Ok cool. Just wanted someone to confirm it. It's only a 29 gallon BioCube and I quite like our first little guy so I really really REALLY hope he pulls though and shows us we've cycled our tank properly.

Back
Top Bottom