Food types.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earlgrey23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Guys,

My tank currently has:

1 Oce
1 twin spot gobie
1 bicolor Blenny
1 6 line wrasse
3 Bangai cardinals

Assorted hermits, snails, peppermint shrimp

2 ricordia, favia frag, zoathid frag, and various mushrooms

I had been feeding small pellets daily (over feeding, fixing that) and once a week mysis or a brine shrimp spirulina block. But it became clear fast the cardinal won't eat the pellets but devour the shrimp. Frankly everyone loves the shrimp. Is it ok to feed one small block daily. Even the ricordia ate a few shrimp that fell onto it. I do use reef chili every other day for the corals.

I guess my question is can I just ignore pellets, is there a down side to only feeding shrimp. What other foods would be a good supplement for variety?

Thanks

I feed Mysis, Spectra pellets, Reef Nutrition (Roti feast for corals and fuzzy phytes for my tang) Your right the Cardinal will not eat the pellets. Mine only eats the Mysis... thinking about adding some spirlina brine to the mix...

I fees with instant ocean herbivore pelletes and herbivore flakes and also the omnivore diet version, also have some hikari s carnivore marine pellets for my nassarius :) mysis or brinei feed usually once or twice every two weeks, i also always rinse my frozen cubes in distilled or ro water to rinse any silicates or phospates from freezing.

Back
Top Bottom