found a web site what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdl91881

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was surfing the web and came across this site.

www.garf.org

i have never heard of it before but they have some interesting sounding ideas and i've never seen reefs that look as well as the ones on the site!

i was just wondering if anyone here has use any of their ideas or had any opinions on what they are doing.

just thought i'd share

I have checked them out. Their website is kind of overwhelming IMO. I have heard they have great frag packages. They say you have to call them first though. Which is kind of a bummer, because I like to shop around before I make a purchase. I would hate to call to find out about it and then say, "OK, I'll call you when I have the money saved up". I like to find something I like and then save towards it, rather than have to call them. Just my 2 cents.

Garf is an excellent site that has been around for years. They used to claim to be nonprofit but I don't think they are not for profit anymore. They encourage eco friendly attitudes in reef keeping through selling frags and teaching how to make your own frags and even artificial LR. They even have info on creating a frag selling business.

Mark

I think one of the big things many people know Garf for is their
Garf Grunge
. Its some kind of live rock rubble and live sand mixture from what I have heard described.

I have also heard from some people who have gotten frags from them that sometimes they are rather small.

But yes its a great site for aquaculture information.

I only wish there were more people willing to do the whole "I'll try you my frag for your frag". It would help the entire industry, livestock, and ocean.

We've got more than enough frags in our aquariums.... I think it's about time we start sharing with each other, and buying fresh less. :mrgreen:

Well...since we're on the subject, I just set up a small propagation system. It's just two 20 longs for now. I guess we'll see how it goes. I got a lot of my info from the GARF site.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom