Found caulerpa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WickedXb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently decided to switch to a refugium. So I go to a high end reef shop and purchase some chaeto and sea lettuce. Not only did I get that but the jerks sold me junk tainted with caulerpa. After realizing how much of a noob with sumps I called them up and told them about what I got, she said that's not possible and got real rude and hung up on me. Needless to say I'm an idiot. But after some research I have to keep trimming and run a 24 hour light cycle on my fuge to stop it from going sexual.

I had caulerpa in my fuge for years with no issues. I have a little in my current fuge. As long as you keep an eye on it and maintain your system you should not have issues.

Well I hope it works out. Thank you . No tangs for me.

Caleurpa is an excellent nutrient exporter. It grows fast and is easy to trim. Tangs aren't the only ones who will eat it, too.

Agreed. I would keep the caulerpa. You don't even have to run your refugium lighting 24 hours. Just prune it every so often. What type is it? I currently have some razor in my refugium.

I just trimmed a bunch off. Yeah my water has been awsome since I put it in there. What else easts it?

There's 2 kinds I think one is the green grape and I'm not sure of the other.

Back
Top Bottom