found mangled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i found my 6 line wrasse mangled on sat and now i am missing a shrimp. i also had a clown disappear a while back. i know i have a hitchhiker crab in there and thought maybe it was him. i put a glass with a peice of food in the tank last night to see if i could catch him, but all i got was a hermit, lol. the decay caused my nitrites to be at .25 ( nitrate 40, ammonia 0, saltinity 1.25). its a 55 gal and i changed 20 gallons yesterday. the crab is the only thing i can think of, since all that is in there is (was) 2 pepermint shrimps, 3 hermits, and 1 snail. any ideas on what else might be causing this??????

well, there was no "meat". it was just some goo (looked blue like his scales) and a skeloton and the shrimp was dining on that. i think the crab got him at night (only see him at night), and the shrimp was finishing it off during the day. i dont know what else it could be......

It took me a week of trapping with the glass to catch a crab in my tank. My hermits and snails got the food most nights... but it did pay off..

well there was no food in there last night and no critter either. im goin to keep trying, if im right that little bugger got 2 fish and a shrimp and i dont appreciate it. is the leaving the food in there over night goin to hurt my water perameters even though it does get eaten?

i just did a water test and now the nitrites are at .50..... i just did a 20 gal water change the day before yesterday.........

edit: i just checked my ro/di water and its the culprit....reading .50, guess its time to change the filters........ :roll:

ok, so changed the filters and everything is testing normal again (no3 and no2 are 0 in ro/di), im glad i caught it... now i just have to do some water changes. i still think the crab killed my fish and shrimp, since water was tested while doing upgrade to the 55.... making "water" as i type to do a 50% water change......... and im goin crabbin agian tonight, lol.

Back
Top Bottom