found my shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
After 2 weeks my peppermint shrimp came out from nowhere, what I did was put a raw shrimp in the tank and out from nowhere the peppermint came out and started eating.........(had to take a photo)
peppermint.jpg

Look at that little cannibal go! :D

Keep track of that piece of shrimp, if you don't have enough critters to eat it within about 24 hours it's going to get pretty skanky. :)

I have 5 peppermints and sometimes one or two of them will disappear for a week at a time, I don't know what they are doing.

I took the raw shrimp out after about hour, I have 2 peppermint shrimp but there is so many holes under the rocks they can be anywhere. I have 2 damsels and boy can they make a mess. Im trying to keep the sand off the rocks with the turkey baster........and the next day these damsels start digging holes under all the rocks and make a mess again, I will never win...:)

My damsels are doing the same thing. Kicking sand all over the place while they excavate dens.

My theory is that they are making sleeping places. They like to hide at night and my new LR setup doesn't have any hiding places...so they've made one by digging out underneath the LR.

Give them a place to hide and they might stop this nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom