Found some tropical play sand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

montero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The Home Depot in Reading, PA sells Old Castle silica free tropical play sand. 50lbs - 4.99.

At least that's what the guy on the phone said. I'll be going there tomorrow to get some. :)

play sand

I live in the Dallas area as well. I am in the process of looking around right now. I will let you know if I find any as well.

I haven't verified this but I have been told that amateur astronomers often use Greyhound to ship large telescopes because it costs considerably less. Of course you couldn't ship live rock or fish this way (and expect them to survive) but it might be a cheap way to ship sand.

I hope you received the correct sand. i have given UPC and sku # for Home depot
SKU # 488-8887 Yardright Tropical Playsand
UPC 0-9060420101-9

Two friends (not SWA people) have purchased this sand at Home depot. I now have 8 bags of the wrong sand. What a bunch of morons at HD!!

i was just wondering if anyone found the sand in dallas..or near the dallas area..

I live in Sherman and checked all around in Dallas and could not find anything other than LS. Sorry....I even tried to get Lowes and Home Depot to order some and they wouldnt.

I have checked in Dallas the past year and have not seen any on the 4 trips out there. I talked to the manager at both home depot and lowes in Lubbock and they said they can order anything that their other stores have in stock but you would have to pay the shipping. Unfortunately the closest store that had it was Indianapolis/ $22 to ship it from there. OUCH!!!!

http://www.crabstreetjournal.com/products/substrates/playsand.html interesting site I found.

I talked to the manager at both home depot and lowes in Lubbock and they said they can order anything that their other stores have in stock but you would have to pay the shipping

hmmm is that shipping to your door, or shipping to the store. Many times its free if you have it sent to the store near you. Maybe you could select some harsh words... to help your argument with the manager...

Well goodluck to you all, I might just have to drive out to Madison sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom