Foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ok I think that's why my clam died because I had an angel. Can angels do good with a foxface

Yes he will stick the with his spines if it gets too bad usually. So your angel may be in danger more than the foxface but the pecking order should arrange itself. They will establish separate territories. What are the two fish's sizes? And clams and angels don't mix.

Yes he will stick the with his spines if it gets too bad usually. So your angel may be in danger more than the foxface but the pecking order should arrange itself. They will establish separate territories. What are the two fish's sizes? And clams and angels don't mix.

Thanks for your info and the fight stopped thanked God

Thanks for your info and the fight stopped thanked God

haha they wont pick on a foxface long before they get pissed and stick them. Ive had fish get stuck by my fox but they never died or picked at him again. My dottyback did the same until he caught a spine then he moved onto my trigger and go another beating so now he just sticks to his cave and doesn't bother anymore fish lol No doubt the pecking order will establish itself and the foxface isnt an aggressive fish but will defend itself with a painful lesson against much larger fish

Fox face are really nice fish, I miss mine which leads me to my contribution to this thread. I have found fox face to be very beautiful and very friendly but I have also found them to be very easily frightened. Anytime anyone would go near the aquarium my fox face would dart for cover, a couple seconds later he would venture back out usually. If it was me there he was fine but my kids playing in the room would freak him out.

Fox face are really nice fish, I miss mine which leads me to my contribution to this thread. I have found fox face to be very beautiful and very friendly but I have also found them to be very easily frightened. Anytime anyone would go near the aquarium my fox face would dart for cover, a couple seconds later he would venture back out usually. If it was me there he was fine but my kids playing in the room would freak him out.

Interesting. Mine is probably the bravest of all my fish besides the clowns and trigger. He never hides and picks at the rocks most of the day ignoring everything going on in and out if the tank. :) amazing how the same fish can have such varying personalities. I love all rabbit fish. I really want a gold spotted rabbitfish but ill need another large tank since they don't recommend mixing them

Interesting. Mine is probably the bravest of all my fish besides the clowns and trigger. He never hides and picks at the rocks most of the day ignoring everything going on in and out if the tank. :) amazing how the same fish can have such varying personalities. I love all rabbit fish. I really want a gold spotted rabbitfish but ill need another large tank since they don't recommend mixing them

Mine was brave compared to my buddies. His hid for weeks if he saw any movement outside the tank. After a while mine was ok with me almost to much though. Anytime I worked in the tank he would swim up to my hands, freaked me out. All in all a wicked fish and would recommend them to anyone with a suitable size tank. Just watch the spines, I've heard it's very painful. I just got spined by a walleye a couple weeks ago and they aren't venomous and my thumb swelled up like a bratwurst and hurt like mad, hate to experience that with venom added.

It's like getting stung by a wasp mine got me yesterday I was moving some rock and didnt see him hiding in a cave :eek:

What does a fox face eat

Ny foxface eats anything he is not fussy. Seems to love dried seaweed wafer sheets

Foxface will eat anything however they are herbivores. A quality food enriched with spirulina is a good choice as is nori (seaweed) sheets. Mine would eat anything I through in the tank but I tried to keep it decent quality. Brine or mysis rotated, one day omega enriched the next spirulina. I would usually soak in selcon and garlic and also at least once a week a would toss in a 3-5" chunk of nori. He loved the nori

Foxface will eat anything however they are herbivores. A quality food enriched with spirulina is a good choice as is nori (seaweed) sheets. Mine would eat anything I through in the tank but I tried to keep it decent quality. Brine or mysis rotated, one day omega enriched the next spirulina. I would usually soak in selcon and garlic and also at least once a week a would toss in a 3-5" chunk of nori. He loved the nori

Okay thanks

Back
Top Bottom