Foxface...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skank-a-holic

Aquarium Advice Regular
...whats your opinion on these fish in a 75 gallon reef? Do you feel its reef safe?

135800.jpg

Thx!!

Had one. Did very well in the reef. My yellow tang would pick on him from time to time though. Also, when they get bothered of shut down for the night, they got to be a VERY ugly brown color.

Otherwise, as mentioned above, Be VERY careful not to touch their fins.

i just adopted one frome a friend last night and my yellow tang isnt very impressed and the domino damsil is doing him im in charge dance
but no real fighting

Mine has yet to nibble on anything (at least when I am watching) and I have had him for over a year. Actually he is quite timid - bullied by my flame angel who is a third his size

I love my Foxface. They will eat algae all day long, and it is a pretty low maintenance fish. They can be housed in either a peaceful or aggressive tank.

Mike

Agreed, totaly safe for all inverts. Just make sure to give it nori. My sailfin tang and foxface have an occasional skirmish. One will chase the other from one side of the tank to the other, then get chased back. Lasts a couple of minutes and then they go about their algae hunt again. They feed together from the nori clip and if a piece rips off they grab it from each other till it's gone. Quite fun to watch.

AustinsDad, I think that's a lovely shade of splotchy tan and browns at lights out :)

Back
Top Bottom