Foxface Actig Really Weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Posted this on Sick thread but got no responses.

image-2031603534.jpg

image-3111298907.jpg

I've had this 1 inch Foxface for a month now. Perfectly healthy a week ago. He started to act weird lately. He would law down on the sand and place his body against the glass. When I'm feeding he comes up for the food and acts all normal. When he goes down he stays yellow and doesn't change color. Is he okay or is there something wrong? I don't have a test kit ATM but I do water changes every 2 weeks or so. I could see him breathe somewhat heavily but not so much that he doesn't have air. Any advice? Much appreciated!

10% water change every week, with ro water. They act like that alot where I work. Do a fw dip and check for worms. Anything on the body? As in bubble looking stuff or on fins? Discolor spots on body? Nitrates might be high from doing water changes every 2 weeks. High nitrates put fish at higher risks of disease and paricites

No white spots or anything that may look parasitic on the body. Tank has been set up for 6 months now. He was added about 2 months after I added 3 baby chromis. I'll probably do a water change this weekend and see how everything goes.

Water changes regularly are good for fishs health. Def check for worms during a fw dip.

Madcrazyroyboy said:
Water changes regularly are good for fishs health. Def check for worms during a fw dip.

Fw dip? As in freshwater dip?

Yes. Make sure the freshwater is the same temperature and pH as your tank water though. You can't keep them in there long. Over 5 minutes they die. 2 or 3 minutes is good. And will also kill any bugs and stuff that might be on him.

I wouldnt do a freshwater dip. Get a test kit or bring your water to an lfs and have them test the water. Do water changes and keep feeding and keep us posted.

Sniperhank said:
...isn't this the same foxface that you are trying to house in a 55?

Yes. And a 1 inch Foxface in a 55 is plenty of space so that is not the problem.

TheTodd said:
Getting that water tested is a great first step. Also...what are you feeding and how often?

I feed twice a day. Frozen mysis, brine, pellets, flakes, and algae sheets.

He is now on the surface for about 2 hrs now. I hope this is a good sign?

image-2843061620.jpg

Your nitrates are probably real high. From feeding twice a day. I feed my fish once every 2-3 days along with my corals. Try a good water change and test for ammonia and nitrite

So I've done a water change and everything and the fox is still acting the same. Now he won't even eat...is there a kind of dip I can put him in if he does have worms or any parasites on him? Need advice please!

Back
Top Bottom