FoxFace Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hiroshi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently bought a FoxFace lo and he has been in a 55 gallon tank for 3 days now,He is not eating alot he will only take a tiny tiny bit! and all of his body is not yellow top half is black and bottom is yellow.How long will it take for him to settle in and turn back to yellow? is there anything I can do to help? Oh and when he swims he will just go insane and go into what I call his deadly mode with his spines out and his camouflage is really good XD anyone can help? XD

There is plenty of room in the tank for him to swim around and play.do you think if I add another fish it will help?

No that will make it worst, your tank is too small for a foxface. They need atleast 70-75 gallons, he is probably stressing himself. You need to take him back to the lfs that sold him to you. His "deadly" mode as you called it, is a defense mechanism, how much live rock do you have for him to hide in?

For your tank you would need 55-110 lbs. You have approximately 45 lbs now, your foxface is stressing because his tank is too small and he has no where to hide. Is he fully grown? If not approximately how big is he, and could you post some pictures?

That is the only best pic I got of him :/

Attachments

• image-2985889692.jpg
    image-2985889692.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 160
What are you feeding him? You do know that they are herbivores. They need plenty of vegetable matter to eat. Dried seaweed and spirulina flakes would be good.

Yes I kno that I feed him frozen veggie and nori or something it like a sheet of seaweed

Turning brown is not always an issue, some do it when the lights go out or while feeding. However, sometimes it is a reaction to stress. Given the size of your tank, and the lack of hiding places and the behavior you are describing i worry it is stress. He appears to be a decent size but not yet too large for your system, like melosu said he should settle down. Just watch when he gets larger.

I think it is..just wanted a second opinion on it.when I'm not in the room he is fine swimming around grazing on the live rock and as soon as he sees me he goes and hide and sometimes he will get up right to the tank glass and just stare at me :/

What else is in the tank with him? He'll likely be ok after he adjusts. That brown color is what you get when he's startled, stressed, uncomfortable, or sleeping. I got tired of mine fast and returned it quickly. Pretty when he's happy and ugly when not.

Once he starts swimming around and feeling better he wont swim around with his fins sticking out. You can clean the tank and everything with no worries. Just never hold the net if he's in it like we do with some fish.

He is the only fish in the tank I was planing on buying 2 clowns just so that he has company in the tank.ye I noticed he sleeps with that colour..it not bad

Some more pictures of my prince XD

Attachments

• image-769573589.jpg
    image-769573589.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2362650289.jpg
    image-2362650289.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom