Foxface In A 55g Possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was wondering if a Foxface would be able to live in a 55 gallon reef aquarium?

I would say no just because they can reach over 7" and they need about 70 or more gallons. They are big fish and they are poisonous so it would hard for you to work in the tank without getting stung.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would say no just because they can reach over 7" and they need about 70 or more gallons. They are big fish and they are poisonous so it would hard for you to work in the tank without getting stung.

Haha! Any other opinions?

You can. But for how long? Better to chose another fish or go with a bigger tank IMHO

Really guys? A fox face can go into a 75 am I right? A 55 that's four feet long and properly aquascaped can provide the same amount of swimming room as a 75g so that renders that argument moot. As far as having a large fish like that in a 55 the only other concern is water quality, what's in the tank now? If there is room to accommodate a fox face in regards to bio load and the proper tank maintenance is done and parameters monitored then it's easily done. I have a fox face LO in my 55 with a pair of clowns and a starry blenny and have no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom