Foxface Lo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easyian

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the foxface is a scaleless fish? I have had my foxface for about 2 1/2 months now and about once every week and a half he seems to shed. Does anyone know if this is normal? He doesn't seem affected by it at all, in fact he usually eats it. Been that way since I got him.

Thanks Ian

Im not sure, but they have that real smooth look to them. As long as hes healthy and acting normall I wouldn't worry about his shedding. Ive kept one before, but my eel ate it so I never experienced any shedding.

I've had mine for about six months now and can't say that I've seen it shed?
Please describe the shedding that you see. Is it patches or the whole body?

It seems to be the whole body. It usually happens when he becomes spooked. He will take off fast and leave a very thin clear substance floating in the water. After he calms down he usually eats it.

I just got one on saturday....it was being chased around the tank by the tangs and yesterday I noticed the film coming off of him and he too, would turn around to eat it. I have hunted for info on this and cannot seem to find any...if you hear of something, please let me know too!

Back
Top Bottom