Foxface poison anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want tangs, then don't do anything short of a 6foot tank. I have a 6ftx26"x26" and the tangs I have use every inch of the space. I'm planning to upgrade to an 8 foot in the next year once my new house is finished being built. Plus you don't realize it until you get it but a 30" deep tank and 30" front to back would really require enough room to get behind the tank. Could you imagine trying to reach the bottom near the back glass in that shape of tank?

The tank was massive and unfortunately not suitable - it couldn't even fit through my door :eek: I came back relieved. Will be happy with my current tank while I get the hang of it and am selling off my tangs, foxface and wrasse. Will go for nano suitable fish next time.

The 4 ft length is what kills it. With tangs, water volume isnt quite as important as horizontal swimming space. Spend some decent time watching a small tang in a 6 ft tank... Itll shock you how much of the tank that lil guy uses for swimming. Not saying tangs arent possible in a 4 ft tank, just that they would be best served in a 6 ft or longer tank

I don't disagree about a 6 foot length. But as I stated earlier I have two tangs quite happy in my 120, that's not 6 foot in length.

Have you ever had them fall victim to illness?

Once, the blue regal had a case of ich about a year ago, but other than that no. Their tank mates are a foxface, algae blenny red spotted hawfish engineer goby a big eye soldier squirrel fish a royal gramma and a mated pair of clowns.

Anemone healthy

Hi

I was sure I posted a pic of my shriveled anemone but looks like I didn't. Had to show you how well he is doing - looking extremely happy tonight and the culprit who blocked my weir is now behind him :) Other corals are looking happy too so hopefully it's a sign that I am doing something right with my first SW tank...touch wood,

Attachments

• DSCN1753.jpg
    DSCN1753.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN1749.jpg
    DSCN1749.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom