Foxface poison anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foxface fish in my opinion are one of the most community friendly fish I've owned. As for reef safe, I've had no issues with it chewing corals. As for putting your hand in the tank, I'm willing to bet your fish hide the moment you out your hand in the tank.

I only had one fish ever hassle me and it was a baby clown fish. For whatever reason this guy thought he was 2 feet long and 10 pounds of tough guy.

What size tank is yours?

I have seen several you tube videos on Aqua One AR620 (90litres) set up as a reef tank with even a yellow tang in it ( apparently for 9 yrs ). This is why I thought the tang would be ok for several years.

That's one of the biggest lies I've ever heard. No possible way a yellow tang lived 9 years in a 90 liter/24 gallon tank. Yellow tanks will get to 8" in diameter. There is no way.

I agree with everyone on the Foxface concern. Its not going to come after you when you put your hand in the tank. Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine.

As for the Tangs and the LFS advice...I've heard some pretty bad advice from several fish stores when people ask about buying fish. You have to remember that they will almost always do the "it could/should work" sales pitch, but it is best to look stuff up before buying. Impulse buys almost always go bad in the long run.

That's one of the biggest lies I've ever heard. No possible way a yellow tang lived 9 years in a 90 liter/24 gallon tank. Yellow tanks will get to 8" in diameter. There is no way.

Seeing this guy's you tube video and looking for similar is how I started my venture into marine as I thought i could attempt without all the complicated equipment. Whilst i was cycling this exact tank as a nano- I bought a larger one fully set up with a sump etc. I know I am going to buy larger again as there are so many fish I like which are not suitable to this size tank.

Mums Aqua One 620 reef aquarium look as amazing as ever! - YouTube

New 'Aqua One' Marine Tank :) - YouTube

I agree with everyone on the Foxface concern. Its not going to come after you when you put your hand in the tank. Just keep an eye on it and you should be fine.

As for the Tangs and the LFS advice...I've heard some pretty bad advice from several fish stores when people ask about buying fish. You have to remember that they will almost always do the "it could/should work" sales pitch, but it is best to look stuff up before buying. Impulse buys almost always go bad in the long run.

Yeah - unfortunately I have learned this the hard way and have advertised my tangs, foxface and yellow fin coris wrasse last night as well as a couple of larger corals so there is more swimming room. Still keeping an eye out for larger tanks on sale. Hopefully I can buy bigger before these guys go but at least it will take the pressure off in the meantime.

Tangs can swim 20 or more miles a day in the wild. Not blaming you but your LFS. Can a human live in a closet their whole life if they had food and water, yes, would they be happy and healthy, no. Plus Tangs getting stressed out due to no swimming room can trigger an ich outbreak.

Tangs can swim 20 or more miles a day in the wild. Not blaming you but your LFS. Can a human live in a closet their whole life if they had food and water, yes, would they be happy and healthy, no. Plus Tangs getting stressed out due to no swimming room can trigger an ich outbreak.

Have advertised them all except the smaller ones. Curious about ich. What is it?

I would still aim for 6ft, while the total gallons is important, this footprint is going to suit you future stock list more.
There's a 6ft on ebay about 150kms away but my concern is the space it takes up. Currently renting so it limits me. Landlord wont be happy as my tanks have multiplied from 1 to 5 ( one empty ) lol

Yeah, I hear you. I am following a couple on eBay but as I rent an apartment too I am waiting until I can move into a bigger place for a bigger tank. The 4ft reef I have pretty much dominates my living room, but its the only tank I have...

Yeah, I hear you. I am following a couple on eBay but as I rent an apartment too I am waiting until I can move into a bigger place for a bigger tank. The 4ft reef I have pretty much dominates my living room, but its the only tank I have...

The concept of moving these tanks with my next move makes me feel ill lol Debating which ones to sell but I am struggling with the idea as love them all - cichlids are so easy compared to this new venture with marine:fish1:

If you want tangs, then don't do anything short of a 6foot tank. I have a 6ftx26"x26" and the tangs I have use every inch of the space. I'm planning to upgrade to an 8 foot in the next year once my new house is finished being built. Plus you don't realize it until you get it but a 30" deep tank and 30" front to back would really require enough room to get behind the tank. Could you imagine trying to reach the bottom near the back glass in that shape of tank?

Im so thankful i have just over 6 feet from fingertip to fingertip.... I can reach those hard to get spots

Im so thankful i have just over 6 feet from fingertip to fingertip.... I can reach those hard to get spots

I can reach it, BUT my tank is 25" deep and 25" front to back. A 30" deep and F2B tank is much more difficult depending in the height of the tank. I like the top of my 180 to be about shoulder level.

See my 125 is about 4' 10" at the edge of the tank... So i have to stand on my tip toes to reach the sandbed in the back

Back
Top Bottom