Foxface Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are they Reef safe or not?

My LFS says they're safe however a couple of sites say diffrent.
Anyone ever kept one?

Thanks.

Depends on which Foxface you plan on getting. I believe that most are reef safe with CAUTION! meaning if they are well fed they will probably leave your corals alone. Best to make sure the lfs will take it back should that be necessary.

I have a Foxface Lo who picks at the rocks all day, love nori and will eat anything I feed.

We have had a foxface in our 175 gallon reef for 8 months now without any problems... he's a model citizen.

I've had my Foxface for over 3 years and it has been a model citizen. Completely eliminated all Bubble Algae for me too.

Hi! Hi!
I agree with what has been said above. I have kept Foxface fish a few times in different tanks over the years. They are by far the most friendly,interesting,funny and rewarding fish I've kept. They really have SO much personality. The way they rapidly change colour depending on mood is really amazing. They are in my experience Reef Safe with one exception!
As already pointed out above, they snack all the time and have a great need and liking of veggies. If they don't get enough greens, then eventually they will resort to trying a bit of coral. If they like it then they may wanna taste something else. I found this out to my cost. I hadn't done my research thourghly enough and didn't provide enough seaweed for him. After about 2 weeks {eeek} he decided to eat my brand new prize bit of rare Zoanthid that I'd driven 4 hours the day before to get. Serves me right I guess. It broke my heart but I had to find him another owner. He by the way hasn't had any further problems with him in his tank.
Definately get one its worth the small risk. I now have a Magnifica Foxface and he's COOOL
Good Luck
Aidyb

Back
Top Bottom