Foxface questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a 7" or so Foxface today from my lfs and brought him home about 4 hours ago. He was in the bag for a total of 17mins. He wasn't very happy after the trip. I turned the lights off for about 3 hours and turned them on because the sunlight was hitting the tank and he was happy and yellow. But now he's turned dark again and hiding in a rock cave. As my girlfriend says he looks like a rotten banana lol. Is this ok behavior. Is there anything I can do to help the little guy get adjusted. Oh and I drip acclimated him for about 45mins or so.

What size tank? I think you should have acclimated him much longer.

Foxface are generally very shy though

I have had a Foxface for about a year. He changes color often, especially when the lights go out and he is ready for bed. J

They do that sometimes. It's a mood and comfort level thing. When stressed, the upper portion of the back gets darker. When severely stressed or sleeping, they hold perfectly still with spines out and a mottled camouflage.

hes not stressed at all now and has been swimming around all day. hes not shy at all and that surprising I figured he would be.

img_1925383_0_ae471f6c96b79fa38ee2a4c410934083.jpg

He'll change at night (as they all do) and when he gets stressed. Mine changes when he swims in the rock work.

Their night time coloration is extremely vivid, but almost black and white. Really cool to look at!
Is yours as greedy as mine? I swear he is ALWAYS hungry, though he's never done more than tentatively nip at my yellow zoas.

Back
Top Bottom