Foxface rabbit ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I picked up a fox face this week. My LFS told me they were great grazers for minor hair algae. When I first put him in the tank it seemed like he was actually picking at the algae, 2 days later he is just spazzing up and down back and forth. And I'm not exactly sure but I think he stuck my coral beauty and killed him

Jaketit said:
So I picked up a fox face this week. My LFS told me they were great grazers for minor hair algae. When I first put him in the tank it seemed like he was actually picking at the algae, 2 days later he is just spazzing up and down back and forth. And I'm not exactly sure but I think he stuck my coral beauty and killed him

I'm already thinking of pulling him out because my clown is now swim buddies with him.

Foxfaces are not aggressive. They're very peaceful and hardy. They only poke out their spikes when a fish gets way to close to it when it's first introduced or when it's getting threatened. How big is your tank?

It's a 55. Yea the coral beauty was swimming to close from go.;

For what it's worth I have had a Foxface in my 72 for over a year. I think it poked and killed my yellow blenny, but my other fish have been great. My clowns swim around him all the time, just seem to know not to spook him. It's a beautiful fish and I am glad I stuck with him.

Back
Top Bottom