Fozen Food... stupid question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACoS

Aquarium Advice Regular
sorry if this question is stupid.. im new to fozen food.. I got some today and was wondering if i should throw in the frozen clue or wait till it's unfrozen? thanks!

I usually cut off as much as I'm going to feed and then put into a container of tank water and then pour it into the tank. I've heard of tossing the whole cube frozen into the tank. I think its just a matter of preference. But only use the WHOLE cube if you've got the livestock to consume it, otherwise the excess will just foul the tank. HTH

Let it thaw out in some tank water first.

Most frozen foods contain alot of Phosphates used as preservatives, if you just dimp it in you are dumping in alot of uneeded P. I always let the cube soak in so striped out ro/di water, after its unfrozen I stir it and then run it through a fine net, getting rid of the water and the P that was in the food. then in it goes.

Mike

Dont feel bad ACoS, I threw it in frozen when I first started. Trigger and puffer made a HUGE mess out of it. It didnt take long to figure out it needed to be thawed and spooned in a little at a time.

I just let it thaw in a cup and pour the excess juice out. I then add selcon and a couple drops of garlic, let is soak for 5 minutes, drain it again and feed it.

I make my own blender mush.. I do both.. When I have time I'll defrost it and shoot it int he tank with my turkey baster. If I don't have time I'll snap off some and just toss it in !

Back
Top Bottom