Frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaineSalt

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello All

I recently purchased a coral from petco and it has a mix on it. One mushroom, Kenya tree, two different Zoas, some pallys and a few things I'm unsure of. My camera sucks so this is the best photo I can get. What I'm wondering is it possible to frag the Kenya tree, mushroom, and the zoas onto frag disks so I can move them around instead of them all mixed on the same piece? I thought about breaking the piece up and do my best to move the pieces around but then I wondered about using a razor blade to but stuff off and put them on plugs. Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Attachments

• image-3931159646.jpg
    image-3931159646.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 129
I would just use wire cutters or coral snips to cut the rock. It's just a piece of dead coral anyway, and should cut pretty easy. You can glue the rock pieces with the corals on them to disks if you want, but personally, I would toss the kenya tree right in the trash.

I have my Kenya sitting in a corner away from everything and just remove any loose branches I find.

I have had my Kenya tree for a while and it hasn't done anything besides open and close.

Problem with Kenya's is that branches break off to float away to other places in the tank. If you are not careful this process repeats itself to a point where your tank is overrun.

Problem with Kenya's is that branches break off to float away to other places in the tank. If you are not careful this process repeats itself to a point where your tank is overrun.

Well, when that happens it's time to break out the razor blade and super glue because a trip the the LFS is in the near future

Yeah ditch the Kenya. Mine spread everywhere. Its ugly and it takes up room for much cooler corals. I've cut all mine out but it keeps coming back.

Wow Kenya tree haters. I like mine. The flow in my tank takes limbs and deposits them in the dark.

I don't place mine directly in the flow. They wave around a little bit but don't drop anything too far away, mine rarely drops as it is anyway.

I bought a new piece two days ago and it started to open after being in my DT for a few hours but closed up and hasn't been open in almost two days. It look sorta like this when open. Any suggestions or just give it time? I've moved it twice thinking it was flow or light.

Attachments

• image-3171367603.jpg
    image-3171367603.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1642819059.jpg
    image-1642819059.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom