frag ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up this frag at my LFS last week just to see if it would grow in my tank. I forgot to ask what it was. I think a zoanthid. Does it look ok...?

Attachments

• first coral.JPG
    first coral.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 246
It's a brown button polyp. They will grow really fast! So put them where you don't mind a bunch of them. And towards the bottom of the tank.

I have it about halfway up in the tank. I don't really have good reef lighting so I figured I would put them as close to the top as possible. Do they need strong light?

No. Depending on what you have currently they may or may not need stronger lighting.

just running a 76 LED light with some blue mixed in. I used it on my fresh water tank. I'm sure it's not made for salt. It sits about 2 inches off the surface so I figured it might be enough light for at least this kind of coral

Attachments

• tank 011.jpg
    tank 011.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 87
  • tank 012.jpg
    tank 012.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 87
It may be. You'll have to wait and see. If they grow very tall as if they are reaching for light, and stay brown, you'll know you need more. They should pick up color if they are in the right light.

what kind or brand of light do you have? how much did you pay for that frag? just curious. you def need a better light from the looks of it for whatever you wanna do in the future.

paid 10$ for it...The light is a beamswork led. Works great for my fresh water but not sure how good it would be for this coral. I have had the frag for a week and it does look like it has grown....

Back
Top Bottom