Frag Swap Goodies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well we had the frag swap here in Chattanooga today.

I took a bunch of xenia 8) and a some other soft coral frags to trade and sell. I didnt do any trading though and sold quite a few. I also gave away alot of the stuff to new reefers.. :wink:

Anyway now the good stuff....

They raffled off a number of things for $2 a ticket. I bought 5 tickets and I won the top two prizes!!! :D

I won a $100 gift certificate from aquadesinz and I won a 150w Coral Life aqualight Pendant!! Man how awesome was that. What can I say I am highly favored and blessed...hehe!

At the frag workshop we fragged a green millipora. It cost $5. I went to the lfs right after and a guy there wo knew what I paid for it, wanted it for $20 so I sold it...

All in all wat a great day!!!!!

Congrats Rev! There is a big swap in Cincinatti in Oct. if anyone is in that area. It is supposed to be hosted by the Cincinatti, Indiana and Louisville reef clubs.

They raffled off a Panworld 150 at our last conference. I did not win that but I did come home with a $50 gift certificate, DT's phyto, DT's oyster eggs and some sweetwater zooplankton. I think I spent $15 on raffle tickets. Got some cool frags too.

I would encourage all to go to events like these. Very informative, fun and you can win stuff too :)

Ya you can come back with alot of cool stuff. I also came back with some new friends...

Most of the people at the swap were from RC, but I have already converted one hopefully!! They signed up here already.. :D

Sounds like you really made out. What a score. Good for you! If that light just doesn't do it for you, feel free to send it my way!

Shameless plug:
The New Jersey Reef Club is meeting this weekend and in addition to frag swaps we're going to have raffles with prizes ranging from small colonies to frags to gift certificates (about 15 different prizes). There's going to be a demo of the fragging of a Lobo there, sponsor visit (with the opportunity to get great corals and not have to pay shipping on them), and great food.

Cool. Take notes on the Lobo fragging for me. I did not know that was possible. I have a lobo that is too big!

I have too many frags already though :(

Back
Top Bottom