Fragging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I know haha and can any one tell me how to set up a good frag tank
Rocks /no rocks
What shapes and how to put the frag rack / egg crate
What lights and filter for a 20 gall
Fish/ no fish
Skimmer and flow
Thanks

You can have some rocks, but I prefer a egg crate bottom that hold plugs.
Lots of flow
Lots of light, how much depends on what you are growing
Pristine water quality, not just good. Skimmers, filters, anyway you go it needs very low phosphates (for SPS it's < .05)
A shallow tank that is easy to work in is important.
You can have a few fish, like a six line to keep the worms down.
You can start with any size aquarium, 20gallon to 2000gallon.

And patience.

Last edited:
There are a number of ways. The most basic is with regular water changes. You can also run filter media such as GFO, or some of the others that directly attack phosphates. Phosphates are an inevitable byproduct of life and food breakdown. The more life in your tank, the more phosphates produced. You need a sensitive meter like a Hanna to see these levels...but they really make a difference.

Good luck, it's a lot of fun. And my LFS appreciates the local supply of corals. I then get my supplies from them as barter for the coral. Works out for everybody.
In 30 years of reef keeping, I killed a lot of coral in the learning curve. It is nice to now pay back some.

Yea sounds good I hope my luck keeps up with me only lost 2 corals in the year iv had my tank and that's because I was on vacation and couldn't watch them

Back
Top Bottom