Fragging...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmarine

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey, im new to fragging and was wondering how you might frag a flowerpot coral??

also i have a toadstool leather coral and would like to frag him , the knowledgeable guy at the lfs told me to just take some scissors and cut it off...should i then just glue it to a smaller piece of rock or should i do something else??? TIA

mr marine

Not too sure on the flowerpot, they are pretty sensitive corals...but I know they often will drop buds off that grow into new ones if condition are ideal for them.

As far as the toadstool I'd just take a razon and slice a piece off. It will be tough to glue due to the slime it will excret so I usually use some netting and wrap it around the new rock and piece of leather, or you can rubberband it. After a few days the new piece should have attached and you can then remove the net/band.

HTH,
Chris

Thanks chris!! how much of a chance is their of the mother piece dying

Any1 have any info on the flowerpot??

Before attemting any of this i thinkyou need to read this book.

Anthony Calfo's, book of Coral Propagation

This book will tell you everything you need to know about fragging

The leather is almost impossible to kill if it's in good condition before the frag. Just make sure they get a decent amount of waterflow because they will slime a good bit.

thanks brndfrb i will get that and thanks jamal that took away just about all my nervusness of taking a razor blade to my beautiful leather

ya i just frag the mine toadstool. i just cut the stock right off. so i have a stump on a rock and then the top that i am attaching to a rock. i made a spot out of epox and i will be glueing it to the spot tonight. but you really cant kill them.

Back
Top Bottom