Fragging a flower pot coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelix10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fairly large flowerpot coral with a growth on the side the size of a quarter! Can I just cut the bulge off the side to frag it?

Flower Pot corals are so difficult to keep alive I would be afraid that it would not survive fragging. Good to know yours is doing so good. How long have you had it?

Flower Pot corals are so difficult to keep alive I would be afraid that it would not survive fragging. Good to know yours is doing so good. How long have you had it?

+1. If it's alive and growing consider your self lucky and I wouldn't mess with the success

Ah yes I have 2 a red and a green! Both inflate all day long!

I have had the red for about 4 months and the green only a month!

I would call having one thrive a big win, and be happy with it. I've never had one last past about a year, and usually half that time. I wouldn't try to frag one.

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Let it alone. I had a flowerpot do this and it will come off on its own. Trying to frag it off can stress it and kill the coral, as any little injury can do this to a flower pot.

flower pots don't take to fragging not only would the frag die but the flower pot also flower pots are hard to keep alive I never had one last longer than 9 months good luck to you

i have 2 flowerpots, now theyre both in my display and my caramel clowns are hosting it, theyve taken to it well and arent stressed by it at all anymore, theyre both about the size of a youth basketball.

Back
Top Bottom